Thursday, December 2, 2010

Days 2-7

I've completed seven days of eating on the IP protocol, and it's changing my body and my thinking. Pants that were tight last week are loose today. Seriously. I think my husband and my brother are eating less just because I'm not snacking. Heh.

I get weighed in tomorrow, after just a week of doing this program, and I am genuinely excited about the way my body is already changing. I swear I felt a difference after just four days. After just one week, I feel different.

I'm getting downright creative with how I'm prepping my food. There is a huge salad component to this diet, and I'm glad that I love baby spinach and raw onions, for sure. Twice now I chopped up broccoli and bell peppers very finely and added them to the herbs and cheese omelet mix. It tasted like the egg omelets I like to make - the spices were good. I don't even miss the cheese that much. It would be different if it was a lifetime of no cheese.

It's interesting to hear others' take on the "extreme" approach of Dr Chanh Tran Tien. I definitely appreciate the input of my best friend the nurse with regards to this diet. I will be asking my doctor in two days if I need to take any special notice with medications I take. I have bipolar disorder, type 2, and take oxcarbazepine. In the past, I would not have thought this would be something that I could do. The organization, planning, and discipline that this program takes is not for the casual weight loss diet junkie.

My dear husband has been very supportive - VERY supportive! I have the approved/unapproved list of vegetables and proteins on the refrigerator, and he was excited to make some lean steak that we both could have the other night. He's so cute like that. :-) He doesn't understand that I only get "real" (not from a mix) protein once a day yet, and he does not have the portions worked out yet... but he will. This morning, he  brought me two eggs and a slice of ham (1 ounce) for breakfast, not understanding that I can only have two eggs and not the ham, or 5 ounces of (lean, fatfree) ham and not the eggs. And this would now count as my dinner, which I am supposed to eat with vegetable to keep from clogging up the colon. I was in bed, sleepy, and hungry. He was proud and I thought he was too cute, so I ate the eggs and the ham. And I did not get up to have vegetables right away, either! I just did my meals out of sequence and had a good rest of the day.

I've been making the salad dressing I need before I go to bed, and that has worked well. Good thing I love rabbit food! (but no carrots right now, as they're too high on the glycemic index for now) Also, I found 5 ounce tins of lean ham and lean chicken meat so that if I have an emergency and have to travel, I'll be able to bring all my own food without having to worry about refrigerating meat. (it's ok for vegetable to sit for four hours, not meat!) Anyway, canned meat - who would have thought I would ever want that in my life!

I can't wait to find out my weight tomorrow and get the recipe book from Doc Hannah tomorrow! Woot!

Love,
Sunflower

No comments:

Post a Comment